Sunday, February 7, 2010

Results are in...

Congrats to first time Superbowl champs the New Orleans Saints, taking home a surprising victory in tonight's game.   Come on everybody...let's all say it together now...Katrina!!  That's right, the word that was on every sportscaster's lips throughout the game, proving a heartwarming story can be made out of any sporting event.  Warner Bros. has already bought the rights, Clint Eastwood's directing and Will Smith is playing Reggie Bush.  A disaster of monumental proportions, the city that survived and the football team that touched a nation....look for it in theaters Christmas, 2012.

Now on to last week's TMMC Poll of the Week.  The votes have been tallied and you like her, you really like her...well kind of.  Last week's poll asked if you felt Sandra Bullock deserved an Oscar and here are the results... 

IT'S A TIE! 

41% of respondents exclaimed, "Absolutely!  Give the gal a gold statue!" and another 41% said they "weren't sure what the hype is about."  Only 17% of you couldn't look past All About Steve, Miss Congeniality 2:  Armed and Fabulous, Speed 2: Cruise Control, The Lake House, Forces of Nature, 28 Days, Hope Floats - need I go on?  I think we can all agree Sandy's made some piss poor decisions in the past.

Where did TMMC fall in the mix?  I'd actually have to say I fell in the 41% that didn't know what the hype was about.  I'll admit, as a person I do like her a lot - I'll even go as far as to say she's a good actress.  But Oscarworthy?  And for Erin Brockovich II nonetheless?  I don't get it!  Fool me once Julia Roberts, shame on me, fool me twice Sandra Bullock...give it to Meryl.

Well once again thanks to all TMMC readers for voting in last week's poll, particularly you Richard Blake!  And don't forget to vote in this week's poll, exploring our feelings on Avatar, the Sequel.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's review of the Churchill biopic, Into The Storm.  View the trailer and prepare for war.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm such an insider - RB :)