Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Down the rabbit hole we go!


So in between my latest reviews, I thought I'd share with you a great new trailer to whet your movie going appetites.  Unfortunately, I'm very much hung up on Tim Burton's upcoming "Alice in Wonderland," so even though you've likely already seen the trailer, I'm still featuring it as today's post!  But really, how can you blame me - it's Tim Burton!

This is by far my most anticipated movie of 2010 and I'm ready to fall down the rabbit hole as giddy as a school girl after three Long Island ice teas.  How could you not drool over Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter reuniting in a Burton film about one wild acid trip?  Or perhaps that was a wild opium trip in Lewis Carroll's day?

As far as I can tell, this is Burton's first Disney film since he worked for the company in the concept art dept. way back in the day - his first live film ever was actually aired on the Disney Channel, a Japanese adaptation of Hansel and Gretel - fully stocked with a kung fu fighting witch.  Boo yeah, bet you didn't know that one!

To my surprise, Burton says this is his first foray into using green screens.  I know!  How is that possible!?  You're telling me Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was all sets?  I have a new appreciation for that one now.  And apparently it only took 40 days to shoot the entire film, which either means it was so good they only needed one take for every shot or it's hopelessly bad.  Fingers crossed for the former.

So, I'll be suffering from a different March Madness this year as a I madly wait for my Mad Hatter.  You'll see me in the front row of the first showing on March 5th - with 3-D glasses in hand and Advil in my pocket for the ensuing headache the glasses will give me.  I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

Come on, you know you want to watch it again!

If you haven't already heard, there's an amazing Tim Burton exhibit going on right now through April at the MOMA in NYC.  If you're at all a fan of Tim Burton's work, go see it.  Over the holidays I had the opportunity to waltz on in to Burton's twisted mind and it was worth every epileptic fit.  It's an amazing collection of his work over the last several decades and a real insight to his creative process.  Love him or leave him, he's a genius in his own right.  If the exhibit was a movie, I would most certainly give it a horrifyingly demented PAY FULL PRICE

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had no idea about Burton and green screens! How is that possible? TMMC, you learn something every day