Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yes, I’m a Monday Morning Critic

The definition of a Monday morning quarterback is as follows: One who criticizes or passes judgment from a position of hindsight.
Based on that, you could pretty much call me a Monday morning movie critic. I’m not in the movie industry, I don’t have any input at any production studio, I have no voice whatsoever in any movie ever made or being made. Yet, I still find myself at the end of a movie saying, “what they should have done is...” So to channel my movie thoughts and critiques I decided to create this blog.  Well, really Ebert told me to do it.  Secretly I think he was fed up with me dissecting every movie we see together.

While I have no education in film making, I love movies. I love the way they can leave an impression on you, positive or negative. I love how they can make you think about yourself, your life or just make you feel an emotion – happy, sad, depressed, excited, scared, etc. There’s nothing better than seeing a movie and continuing to think or talk about it for days afterwards. I’d love to make my own movies, but until someone with lots of money comes knocking at my door offering to fund my own ideas, I’ll just have to sit back watch the hard work of thousands of others, and then criticize it as best I can.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love that you started a movie blog! and yes, i agree, it's about time. i must say, i've enjoyed your entries thus far and they are very fair and balanced. although you gave a mixed review for Nine, i think i'm really looking forward to the costuming and not so much the content on that film. off to enter my ballot for the GG's! hope i win! muah!