Monday, April 26, 2010

You're So Dramatic

Thanks to all you TMMC readers who voted in last week's poll, asking what's your favorite movie genre?  I really appreciate the guidance in offering reviews of movies you're most interested in.  I'll definitely keep this info in mind, moving forward.  And what an intellectual bunch of movie watchers you are - I'm so impressed.  Here were the results.  A sizable 50% of readers said your favorite movies are... 

DRAMAS! 

That one took me by surprise a bit - I didn't realized you like your movies depressing.  Let me guess, if I looked in your closet I would find used tissues in your sweaters and empty ice cream cartons under your couch.  We'll discuss an intervention at a later date.  33% of you responded that documentaries are your top faves and a sad 16% said you prefer action/adventures.  Geez gang - buzzkill much?!  Not one person replied with comedy as their favorite!?  So I've got to spend my summer watching Amy Tam movies about immigrant Chinese families and more documentaries about the Bush administration?  How depressing.  Well thank you to those who chose action/adventure - at least I can squeeze some summer  blockbusters in there.

All kidding aside, I really do appreciate the feedback and I'll take it into consideration when I'm selecting movies to review on TMMC.

Up at bat in this week's poll - Jackass the movie.  Obviously from the genres you selected I'm guessing this isn't top of your list, but this news still blew me away.  With the Tribeca Flim Festival in full swing, Johnny Knoxville and director Jeff Tremaine took some time from promoting their latest movie Birth of Big Air to discuss Jackass 3 in development.  The biggest news in my book - it's going to be in 3-D.  Just the latest movie to cash in on the craze, Tremaine says that Jackass 3-D will feature “poo-poo, pee-pee, throw up” galore.  So I have to ask - can you handle that?  Are you ready to see someone defecate in 3-D?  Is it time to push this new movie medium to the extreme?  And even scarier, what will Sacha Baron Cohen do to us if he gets hold of a 3-D film camera!?

 Inquiring minds want to know - so vote!

To catch more of Knoxville's interview at Tribeca, click here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awful. Jackass in 3-d. I hated it in 2-d. Can't we take 'd's away from them. Like Jackass in no-d. The invisible movie?